Private Jobs in Jharkhand- Medical Officer- Tata Steel Foundation
WHO ARE WE: Instituted on August 16, 2016, Tata Steel Foundation (TSF) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tata Steel Limited. A Section 8 company, it is spread across 11 units, most of them in the two states of Jharkhand and Odisha. With a vision to create an enlightened and equitable society, we are committed to playing a larger role in India’s sustainable development by embedding wider economic, social, and environmental objectives through its programs.
Reporting Relationship: Medical Officer —> Head, Public Health
Locations: Jharkhand and Odisha
Purpose of the Role: To provide personal, family, and community-orientated comprehensive primary care medical services to individuals. S/he would also be responsible for providing patient-centric, culturally appropriate, and individual holistic care to a defined population.
- Undertake & lead community-based public health initiatives in and around the designated operational areas.
- Ensure basic comprehensive medical services to the community such as immunization services, provision of primary healthcare, basic Maternal and Child Health (MCH) services, adolescent health, and school health services.
- Implement specific projects and initiatives in the public health domain which would impact the communities & contribute to the overall goals.
- Lead and train the team of public health functionaries in the field.
- Provide active support in other verticals that have interlinkages with the Public Health domain.
- Independently undertake all daily management and administrative tasks related to the public health domain.
Minimum Qualification: MBBS from any NMC-recognized medical college (foreign graduates must fulfill the requirement to practice medicine as per National Policy)
Work experience in years: 03 to 05 years after internship completion.
Technical Skill Sets:
- All skills as required for Indian Medical Graduate (IMG) as per NMC standards.
- Should have basic knowledge of epidemiology and biostatistics, communicable diseases, maternal and child health, and other public health domains.
- Should stay abreast about the latest developments in the field of medical research.
- Good Communication skills; Read-Speak-Write Hindi & Bengali (for Jharkhand locations) & Hindi & Odia (for Odisha locations)
Behavioral Skill Sets: Interact positively with the community, and team members; Self-motivated, Result-oriented. Energetic individuals with proven leadership skills and a scientific approach to public health activities/research shall be strongly preferred.