Private Jobs in Bihar- HEAD OF PROJECTS- Husk Power Systems
About Husk Power Systems
When people have access to power, incredible things happen. Placing ‘power’ in the hands of rural customers helps them realize their aspirations and dreams that they never thought could happen. Making this possible in every village is at the heart of everything we do. Husk is one of the world’s leading rural utility company that provides reliable power to households and businesses, from solar and biomass – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – at anaffordable price.
Husk, established in 2008, designs, builds, owns and operates the lowest cost hybrid power plant and distribution network in India and Africa. We offer our customers a flexible ‘pay-as-you-go’ energy service, using a mobile-enabled smart metering system.
We provide low-cost energy that matches the growing needs of our customers; for households, community services and productive uses. Our grid-compatible solution can be rolled out quickly and cost effectively to support national electrification plans. To date, Husk has provided electricity to over 12,000 homes and businesses in rural India, Tanzania and Nigeria. Hence reducing 95,000 tons of CO2.Husk is poised to grow rapidly over the next four years and envisions adding over 1700 mini- grids in India,Nigeria and other countries in Asia and Africa. Hence providing clean, affordable renewable energy, 200,000 customers in rural parts of the world that currently have no or limited access to electricity and is dependent on harmful diesel gensets for their power needs.
Honesty and Integrity; Act with discipline and integral to your job. Respect each other; Respect Human rights within our responsibility and contractual obligations. Frugal Innovation, Quality, and Reliability; Respect for the environment, health, and safety. Excellence as an attitude; We shall align perception to a common understanding of performance rating and measures., We > I, Fail Fast and Learn Faster Continuous Learning.
Husk is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion and welcomes all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, race, or religion. Husk is committed to improving gender balance within its teams in India and globally. Female candidates are therefore highly encouraged to apply even if not all requirements are met.
Head of Projects will be responsible for developing detailed project plans, ensuring resource availability and allocation and delivering every project on time within budget and scope. He will be responsible to coordinate people and processes to ensure that projects are delivered on time and produce the desired results. He will be the go-to person for everything involving a project’s organization and timeline.
Location and Travel: This role is based in Patna
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain and improve working relationships with local authorities and discoms dealing with electricity transmission & distribution.
- Responsible to monitor & follow-up the project cost and productivityachieve/exceedceed target profitability.
- Support Cash-flow situation (Timely delivery and proper invoicing).
- Deliver Project as per Man-month schedule and milestones.
- Tendering / Contract management for EPC contracts for Rooftop Solar and Solar Pumps.
- Preparation of PV Project Plan in accordance with the Budget Plan.
- Arranging various permissions for PV Projects wherever required.
- Coordinate with development and engineea ring to develop preliminary design budget.
- Prepare bid packages and procure materials and services as needed.
- Create project budget based upon quotes and bids as also track project costs.
- Organisation of resources (Men, Material and Machines) to ensure delivery as per plan.
- Development of Tools and Systems to effectively and efficiently manage the projects.
- Monitoring Site progress daily and brief the top management clearly bringing out the risks involved and support required from the top management.
- Resolve cross functional conflicts and develop strong cross functional teams.
- ROW (Concocted and real) Issues Management.
- Weekly reviews with State Project Leads/ Head of EPC every Thursday for compilation of Weekly Progress Report sent every Friday.
- Ensure that the assets on hire if any are sweated to the utmost to extract maximum value.
- Brainstorming sessions with the Project and Inventory Team to give product improvement feedback to Corporate Headquarters.
- Organize on the job training for Technical Manpower.
- Ensure on time delivery of committed projects to avoid cost over runs.
- Regular interaction with Project/Finance/Inventory/Logistics Team at HO to ensure that the requisite support and resources are in place and the Site EPC Heads don’t have to look over their shoulders.
- Ensure own manpower and other workers on site strictly wear PPE to avoid injury.
- Ensure right quality the very first time to avoid/reduce the Cost of rework due to poor quality job.
- Standardise storage and handling for sensitive and critical equipment.
- Establish systems for optimum use of new tools and tackles.
- Maintaining Records and databases.
Key Responsibilities Area:
- Experience and understanding of Distributed Generation Solar projects
- PV Installation professional certification preferred
- Solid understanding of Project Management process
- Ability to problem solve both personnel issues and project issues
- Good record keeping and organizational skills
- Minimum 12 years’ experience in the energy sector , particularly in Solar Industry with previous similar management assignments
- B.Tech/ M. Tech – Any Specialisation (Electrical /Mechanical/Civil/ Electronics Engineering).
- Maximum salary for this role is INR 15 LPA.
Husk offers flexible working conditions with employee benefits that are in line with global best practices. These include clear career growth planning, transparent annual review processes that are gender inclusive, maternity and paternity leave, gender inclusive workplace conditions, 18 day annual paid leave, family health insurance, frequent trainings to assist the employees to grow in.
DISCLAIMER: This is an exhaustive list of all principal accountabilities, dimensions of the job, and person specifications. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, change in personnel, workload, technological developments, or organization developments).