Private Jobs in West Bengal- Payroll Manager- iMerit Technology
iMerit is a leading AI data solutions company providing high-quality data across computer vision, natural language processing and content services that power large enterprises’ machine learning and artificial intelligence applications. iMerit provides end-to-end data labeling services to Fortune 500 companies in a wide array of industries including agricultural AI, autonomous vehicles, commerce, geospatial, government, financial services, medical AI, and technology.
We are seeking a Chartered Accountant with solid understanding of Payroll management, processing and accounting.
Experience – 3 to 5 years
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll
- Managing & administration of the Payroll services and ensuring compliance and accuracy in monthly Payroll activities.
- Payroll accounting includes calculation, management, recording, and analysis of employees’ compensation. In addition, payroll accounting also includes reconciling for benefits, and withholding taxes and deductions related to compensation
- Develop systems to process payroll account transactions (e.g. salaries, benefits, deductions, taxes and third party payments)
- Coordinate timekeeping and payroll systems
- Oversee processing of payroll changes (e.g. new hires, terminations, raises), and system upgrades
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and internal policies
- Supervise and coach payroll clerks and assistants
- Liaise with auditors and manage payroll tax audits
- Collaborate with Human Resources (HR) and accounting teams
- Maintain accurate records and prepare reports
- Resolve issues and answer payroll-related questions
- Reconciliation and control on employee payables, employee receivables and salary advances.
- Employee Cost allocation in terms of payroll cost and project level costing
- Variance Analysis, Forecast, Budget and MIS Reporting for Payroll related expenses.
- Proven experience as a payroll manager or similar role
- Payroll related integration
- Current knowledge of payroll procedures and related laws
- Excellent understanding of multi-location payroll and taxes
- Familiarity with payroll soft wares and MS Office (especially Excel)
- A keen eye for detail
- An analytical mind and good math skills
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
- Highly detail-oriented and the ability to manage multiple assignments and work within tight deadlines.
- Motivated and eager to expand job responsibilities, suggest improvements, and collaborate with others to generate ideas to improve processes.
- Chartered Accountant with relevant experience of 3-5 years