Private Jobs in Maharashtra- Finance Co-ordinator- Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Experienced level positions in Finance covering the areas of Accounts Payable and/or Accounts Receivable functions on a rotational basis
- Excellent English, Math and psychometric abilities
- Passed B. Com (C.A., Articleship, Inter CA qualifications preferred)
- 2-3years of relevant experience in luxury hotels
- Possesses finesse and personal flair
- Possesses aptitude and upward mobility
- Possesses high levels of professional integrity and confidentiality and an interest in being exposed in various areas of Finance
- Is directly responsible for the day to day key processes in his/her area of work
- Assumes training responsibilities when required; demonstrates a high degree of standards awareness
- Displays warmth, care and genuine enthusiasm when dealing with guests and internal customers; lives the Golden Rule
- Is seen as working hands-on, assists colleagues in crunch times; Walks the talk
- Actively participates in briefings and meetings; facilitates communication between employees and management
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area and promotes a safe working environment
- Maintain harmonious and professional relationship with co-workers and supervisors.
- Comply with and enforce Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact.
- Assist in other areas of the accounting office as needed.
- Performs any additional duties as assigned
Accounts Payable Related
- Maintain a system of purchase orders, receipts, invoices and cheque requests in order to promptly and adequately support, document and process for payment all hotel payables.
- Ensure that all vendors are paid according to the agreed terms and to Four Seasons policies and procedures.
- Maintain alphabetical files by vendor containing complete invoices and backup attached to the cheques for efficient access after payment. All filing is to be kept current.
- Ensure all payments are made correctly and with the correct authorization (approved PO), evidence of receipt, invoice or delivery slip and Accounts Payable stamp.
- Process all Accounts Payable invoices and manual cheques through the computer system.
- Complete wire authorization forms for wire transfer and ensure it is signed by two authorized signatories (from Groups A & B) and ensure all applicable backup supports the transfer.
- Ensure all standing orders for electronic disbursements are approved in accordance with the normal payment procedures and signed by the cheque signatories.
- A list of all standing orders for electronic disbursements should be maintained with details of date of payment, payee, amount and description of payment and at the beginning of each month in advance of the standing payment, this list should be routed to the cheque signatories for approval and a copy attached to bank reconciliations.
- Verify and process Expense Reports and Petty Cash reimbursements ensuring compliance with key controls.
- Forward all stop payment and void cheques to the Staff Accountant / Assistant Director of Finance for journalizing. Reconcile vendor statements as they are received, with reconciling items, including any correspondence from the vendor clearly indicated and resolve all discrepancies directly with the vendor.
- Prepare manual cheques as they are required if directed by Director of Finance or Assistant Director of Finance.
- Run the required reports at month end to close the Accounts Payable cycle.
- Ensure all goods received and services provided, but not yet invoiced, are properly accrued and expensed and that the outstanding liabilities for other accruals are accurate and agree to all supporting documentation.
- Prepare journal entry for accrual of invoices received after closing and for goods and services received, but not yet invoiced.
- Maintain a separate file for purchases of all operating equipment items (china, glass, silver and linen) and capital items under the direction of the Assistant Director of Finance.
- Assist in the preparation of all Accounts Payable documentation for microfilming on an annual basis if needed.
- Maintain, and constantly update, an approved vendor listing file.
- Answer telephones and record messages accurately.
- File documents and reports.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by the Director of Finance or Assistant Director of Finance.
- Ensures compliance of Accounts Payable process, including timely vendor payments, vendor ageing and management, vendor and bank reconciliations
- Actively participates in the month end process
- Verify that all invoices are supported by duly approved purchase orders when required, signed receiving documentation and/or the approval of authorized management personnel.
- Verify prices, quantities and extensions against purchase order as required, and initial the invoice when verified. Bring any discrepancies to the attention of the Assistant Director of Finance.
- Understand tax laws as it relates to sales tax, use tax, goods and services tax and year end processing ensuring compliance, submission and payment deadlines are met and ensure that all deductions and exemptions are properly documented.
- Ensure the correct sales / use tax is either paid to vendor or self-assessed with payment processed on time to local, state, or other tax jurisdiction.
Accounts Receivable Related
- Processes daily work from Night Audit and Income Audit including checking credit card summary totals submitted against the Sales Journal entry.
- Prints, reviews and processes invoices on a daily basis.
- Investigates and responds to all incoming calls for receivables and to assist the Credit Manager in the research for all requests for Direct Billing.
- Files documents and reports.
- Processes all paperwork from banquet and cash bar functions.
- Reviews and researches all chargeback claims made by credit card companies. Resubmits with appropriate back-up or write off if unable to support.
- Processes month end statements and month end aging report on the computer.
- Processes weekly adjustments.
- Reconciles gift certificates to the city ledger.