Private Jobs in Goa- Director, Logistics & Distribution- CommScope
Job Title: Director, Logistics & Distribution
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion.
Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers—we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity
We are looking for a dynamic person experienced in global transportation on air and sea lanes who can provide leadership and support the supply chain by ensuring right products are delivered to the right location on time and at optimal cost. Overall responsibility for transportation, stock control, warehousing, and monitoring the flow of goods in the domestic and international environment. Understanding the whole supply chain is important so that the individual can coordinate it effectively and liaise with suppliers of raw materials, manufacturers, retailers, and consumers.
Duties & Responsibilities
We are looking for a dynamic individual who could perform the role :
- Experience in global transportation on Air and Sea lanes.
- Excellent negotiations skills to get the best costs for the company leveraging on volumes
- Work in close coordination with Global Transportation teams to develop cost effective transportations strategies and cost points.
- Strategy and Development: Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice logistics vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance
- Plan, manage and evaluate logistics operations liaising with internal stakeholders, suppliers, logistics providers, transportation companies and customers. Create and implement best practice logistics principles, policies and processes across the organization to improve operational and financial performance
- Deliver solutions to logistics problems while maintaining high levels of quality and service within budgetary requirements. Monitor quality, quantity, delivery times, and transport costs. Negotiate rates and contracts with transportation and logistics providers. Recommend optimal transport modes, routes or frequency
- Select carriers/suppliers and monitor service against performance criteria. Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery. Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports or customer issues
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and identify inefficiencies and cost optimization opportunities. Identify and resolve any inventory discrepancies and ensure inventory and system records agree. Conducts regular cycle counts of inventory. Interpret trends and analyze and review data. Provide meaningful logistics data to others in the organization to aid customer service and cost improvements
- Ensure IT systems in place are effective, maintained, and accurate. Ensure metrics, reports, and process documentation is available. Ensure compliance with import/export regulations/customs regulations and legal and health and safety requirements. Support new business initiatives and projects and contribute to review meetings and change process. Financial Budget and Control. Responsibility for department budget.
- People Management – Manage, coach and develop a high performing team that meets agreed objectives and delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements
- Set departmental objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports
- Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required
- Ensure that all functions under supervision operate in accordance with health, safety, and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and well-being of staff and visitors. Develop and maintain strong relationships with all connected within the logistics process
Related Education & Experience
- Bachelors in related curriculum with preferable course work in materials or logistics. Preferred Master’s in related curriculum such as business management
- Preferably 20+ Years of working experience in a distribution warehouse / logistics environment in a supervisory/leadership position. Experience in multinational environment and in domestic and international transportation is essential.
- People management experience, preferably 10+ Years. Preferably 8+ Years of work Experience ideally in manufacturing, production or process environment.
- Impressive oral, written and inter personal communication skills with Strong negotiating skills. An excellent track record for providing leadership to a large logistics and distribution organization with high impact contributions.
- Experience handling shipping, traffic and associated Excise, Customs and associated taxation issues. Can develop solutions to problems of unusual complexity, which require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and innovativeness. Proven ability in coordinating customer orders to ensure they are shipped on time.
- Proven working experience as a logistics manager. Proficient in standard logistics software and ERP, ideally SAP. Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills. Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal, managerial and team building skills.The ability to motivate and direct teams to achieve outstanding results others.The ability to plan and deal with unexpected changes and work under pressure
CommScope is on a quest to deliver connectivity that empowers how we live, work, and learn. Our employees push the boundaries of communications technology that enables game-changing discoveries like 5G, the Internet of Things, and gigabit speeds for everyone, everywhere. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
If you want to grow your career alongside bright, passionate, and caring people who strive to create what’s next…..come connect to your future at CommScope.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including people with disabilities and veterans!