Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: March 3, 2023
- BJP and its allies win the assembly elections in Tripura and Nagaland; Meghalaya shows hung verdict
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Bureau of India (PMBI), celebrate the 5th Jan Aushadhi Diwas.
- India to host Quad Foreign Ministers meeting in New Delhi; Meeting will be chaired by External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar.
- Union Health and Family Welfare Ministry received the Porter Prize 2023 for government’s strategy in managing COVID-19.
- President Droupadi Murmu will inaugurate 7th International Dharma-Dhamma Conference at Bhopal
- Telangana government moves Supreme Court as Governor delays nod to Bills.
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- India’s GDP growth may beat 7% this Fiscal Year: says CEA Anantha Nageswaran.
- Manufacturing firms record lower sales growth of 10.6% in the December quarter: RBI
- SEBI approves NSE to launch the rupee-denominated Nymex WTI crude oil and natural gas futures contracts.
- GST collections rise 12 per cent to Rs 1.49 lakh-crore in February 2023.
- United States has approved the sale to Taiwan of $619 million in munitions for F-16 fighter jets
- SpaceX launches U.S., Russia, UAE astronauts to the International Space station
- 18.9 million people or 23% of Germany’s population are immigrants, children of immigrants, as of 2021
- United States has imposed a new round of Iran sanctions, targeting the country’s oil and petrochemical sales.
- UAE tops the MENA region in the World Bank’s Women, Business and the Law 2023 report.
- Govind Kumar Sahani bags silver medal at the Strandja Memorial Boxing Tournament.
- Meghalaya faces Karnataka in the final of the Santosh Trophy at the King Fahd International Stadium in Riyadh.