Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: March 1, 2023
- ISRO successfully conducts key rocket engine test for Chandrayaan-3, from ISRO Propulsion Complex at Mahendragiri in Tamil Nadu.
- Jan Aushadhi scheme expects a turnover of over ₹1,000 crore this fiscal, with an increase in number of pharmacies and new product launches.
- February 28 is celebrated as National Science Day to commemorate the announcement of the discovery of the “Raman Effect”.
- IMD: India records hottest February in over a century, likely to experience heat waves between March and May.
- Rajesh Malhotra, a 1989-batch Indian Information Service (IIS) officer, was appointed as the Principal Director General of the Press Information Bureau.
- Report: Karnataka and Gujarat are among the major states making the most progress in transition to clean electricity.
- The government launched the Grievance Appellate Committee (GAC), a faceless dispute resolution mechanism, as part of IT Rules
- CMIE Data: India’s unemployment rate rose to 7.45% in February from 7.14% in the previous month.
- Axis Bank completes acquisition of Citigroup’s India consumer business for an overall consideration of ₹11,603 crore.
- UK to launch India-Britain exchange scheme and announce Indo-Pacific tech envoy.
- G20 Foreign Ministers Meeting (FMM) is scheduled to take place in physical format in New Delhi under India’s presidency.
- UK government reached a landmark deal ‘Windsor Framework’ with the European Union (EU) on post-Brexit trade rules that will govern Northern Ireland.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin bans use of foreign words to ‘protect’ Russian language.
- Men’s and Women’s Hockey Teams’ goalkeepers PR Sreejesh and Savita received the Sportstar ACES 2023 award.
- Djokovic beats Tomas Machac at the Dubai Championships abd extends winning streak to 18 matches