Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: February 9, 2023.
- Centre says all contact-tracing data collected via the Aarogya Setu mobile application has been deleted.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi was seen wearing a jacket made from recycled plastic bottles, which was presented to him by Indian Oil Corporation at India Energy Week in Bengaluru.
- Union Minister for Electronics and Information Technology, Ashwini Vaishnaw will launch the Digital Payments Utsav.
- Under ODOP- Districts as Export Hubs initiative, products with export potential have been identified from all 765 districts.
- ICRA: Domestic air passenger traffic saw a growth of 96% to touch 1.25 crore in January.
- RBI Monetary Policy Statement: RBI Increases Repo Rate by 25 bps to 6.5%
- Lendingkart, a digital lending platform for MSMEs, acquires personal loan provider Upwards.
- Microsoft to Shut Teams Free (Classic) Version from April 12.
- SEBI allows 39 Entities to use e-KYC Aadhaar Authentication.
- Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) issues new guidelines to streamline digital economy tax
- Death toll in earthquake in Turkiye and Syria crosses 15,000; Rescue workers warn that the toll is likely to rise further.
- India launched ‘Operation Dost’ to extend assistance to Turkey and Syria after devastating earthquake.
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky arrived in London and made a strong pitch for British fighter jets.
- ICC T-20 Women’s World Cup kick starts in South Africa; Opening match is between the hosts team and Sri Lanka.
- Yuki Bhambri and Saketh Myneni beat Christopher Eubanks and Marcos Giron in the ATP tennis first round in Dallas, USA.