Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: February 28, 2023
- Mizoram would export ‘Bird’s eye chilli’ of the state to the United States for the first time.
- Railways will spend Rs 32000 crore on new lines, Rs 13000 crore on customer amenities.
- Gujarat passes bill to extend period for filing applications to regularise illegal constructions.
- National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA) fixed retail prices of 74 medicines including diabetes.
- The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has found a 1,300-year-old Buddhist stupa in Odisha’s Jajpur.
- Department of Telecommunications (DoT) will offer the indigenous 5G testbed free of cost to government-recognised startups.
- After Singapore, India’s UPI will be likely extended to UAE, Mauritius, Indonesia.
- SEBI proposes uniform expense ratio for Mutual Funds to curb mis-selling.
- Bloomberg Billionaires Index: Elon Musk surpasses France’s Bernard Arnault to regain his spot as the world’s richest person.
- Canada announced that it is banning TikTok from all government-issued mobile devices.
- World Bank report: Earthquake damage in Turkey to exceed USD 34 billion.
- India and the UK will launch the Young Professionals Scheme today.
- Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni to be chief guest at 8th Raisina Dialogue
- Argentina’s Lionel Messi bagged the Best FIFA men’s player prize for 2022 after beating World Cup final rival, Kylian Mbappe.
- Australia lift ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Trophy beating South Africa by 19 runs in Cape Town.