Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: February 25, 2023
- Kerala government launched robotic scavenger, Bandicoot, to clean sewages under the Guruvayur Sewerage Project in Thrissur district.
- Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) directed the telecom service providers to submit service quality reports for each state and UT.
- Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan to inaugurate New Delhi World Book Fair.
- International Bio-resource Conclave & Ethno-pharmacology Congress 2023 commences in Imphal.
- Prime Minister to inaugurate ‘Barisu Kannada Dim Dimava’ cultural festival at Talkatora Stadium in Delhi.
- Women 20 (W20), an official G-20 engagement group inception meeting to be held at Aurangabad.
- Centre approves renaming Aurangabad to Chatrapati Sambhajinagar & Osmnabad to Dharashiv in Maharashtra.
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- National Stock Exchange (NSE) launches India’s first municipal bond index, the India Municipal Bond Index (IBMX).
- Paytm becomes first to launch UPI LITE for small value transactions.
- Report: Proportion of funding to women-led start-ups grew in 2022.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman seeks ideas on sovereign debt and climate transition finance at the meeting of G-20 finance ministers and central bank governors.
- Meta is releasing a new large language model based on artificial intelligence (AI) aimed at the research community.
- Financial Action Task Force (FATF) suspended Russia’s membership over Ukraine war.
- World Bank announces $2.5 billion in additional Ukraine aid on war anniversary.
- European Union member states backed a 10th package of sanctions on Russia.
- Indian pair Anirudh Chandrasekhar and N Vijay Sundar Prashanth storm into doubles final in Bengaluru Open ATP challenger tournament.
- Women’s T20 World Cup: South Africa reaches maiden ICC final.