Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: February 22, 2023
- First meeting of G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors to be inaugurated in Bengaluru.
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Eknath Shinde was named the Shiv Sena chief leader.
- Railways to launch Guru Kripa Yatra with Bharat Gaurav Tourist Train.
- Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina honours Dr. Mahendra Mishra with International Mother Language Award in Dhaka.
- The Government has emphasised on launching an Over-the-Top (OTT) platform for Prasar Bharati.
- The Centre approved the Quality Control Order for mandatory certification of cotton bales.
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- RBI allows UPI transactions for inbound G-20 travellers.
- India’s Unified Payments Interface (UPI) and Singapore’s PayNow have been integrated to enable faster remittances.
- Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) launches new guidelines for employees to opt for higher pension.
- The 76th British Academy Film Awards, BAFTA Awards, were announced in London.
- Denmark’s Crown Prince Frederik André Henrik Christian is on a five-day visit to India.
- Russia decides to suspend participation in New START treaty for nuclear arms control with US.
- Indo-American entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy announces 2024 presidential bid.
- UNDP: Recent earthquakes have left 1.5 million people homeless in Turkey.
- Israel’s Parliament passes controversial Bills that seek to overhaul Israel’s judiciary.
- India enters semi-finals of Women’s T20 World Cup beating Ireland.
- India’s 14-year-old Tilottama Sen wins bronze medal in women’s 10m Air Rifle at ISSF World Cup.