Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: February 16, 2023
- In Tripura, voting begins to elect a new 60-Member Legislative Assembly.
- India and Spain agree to collaborate on digital infrastructure, climate action and sustainable development
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the mega National Tribal Festival – Aadi Mahotsav.
- Cabinet approves construction of Shinku La Tunnel to provide all-weather connectivity in Ladakh
- PM Modi to virtually inaugurate Jal Jan Abhiyan in Sirohi district of Rajasthan
- India earmarks 75 per cent of capital procurement budget for domestic industry
- Two-day Global Tech Summit to begin in Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. (HAL) to provide maintenance and overhaul support for MQ-9B drone engines in India.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announces 2nd global hackathon- HARBINGER 2023.
- West Bengal state government announces its state budget for the year 2023-24; broadens welfare schemes.
- Foodgrain production is estimated to be over 3,235 lakh tonnes in agricultural year 2022-23: Second advance estimates.
- Death toll in Turkey and Syria climbs to more than 41,000 after devastating earthquakes.
- South Korea has said that a North Korean food crisis appears to be worsening.
- Pakistan government introduces bill to raise Rs 170 billion in taxes
- Women’s T20 World Cup: India beat West Indies by 6 wickets.
- Akshdeep Singh and Priyanka Goswami win National Race Walking Championships.
- Indian men’s cricket team tops in all three formats for the first time