Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: February 12, 2023
- President accepts resignation of Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari, appoints Ramesh Bais as new Governor.
- The country’s first lithium reserve, found in Jammu and Kashmir is of the best quality: Officials.
- DRDO asks Indian industry players to join development of indigenous fifth generation fighter jet, Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA).
- Year-long celebrations commemorating 200th birth anniversary of Maharishi Dayanand Saraswati commences in Delhi.
- All India Radio announces to start broadcasting news in local dialect in tribal- Bastar region of Chhattisgarh.
- The 1st International Conference on Communication, Electronics and Digital Technologies – NICE-DT 2023, lead event of G20 begins.
- Gross direct tax collections grew 24 per cent to Rs 15.67 trillion so far this fiscal: Finance Ministry.
- RBI directs financial institutions and NPCI to allow access to UPI to foreign nationals.
- Reserve Bank of India revises market hours of government securities from 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM to 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Mozambique has been hit by floods: four dead, 14,000 persons evacuated
- 12th World Hindi Conference to be held in Fiji from February 15 to 17; to highlight links with Pacific Ocean region.
- Scientists find a third natural source of quasicrystals.
- Study: The world lost about 20% of its natural wetlands between 1700 and 2020.
- Jaffna Cultural Centre (JCC), which was built with the grant assistance of the Government of India, was dedicated to the people.
- Border Gavaskar trophy: India register victory over Australia by an innings and 132 runs in first Test.