Private Jobs in Uttar Pradesh- Construction Manager- GE Power
Job Description Summary
Responsible for activities related to the construction and commissioning on customer site, from site mobilization, through civil, erection and commissioning work, as well as management activities related to this scope. Impacts departmental operations and responsible for planning/execution. The role has some autonomy but is focused on execution of activities within an operating discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Some judgment may be required but this is typically with guidance.
Job DescriptionTasks & ResponsibilitiesProject Integration Management
- Give Support to Project Strategy development and updating
- Give Support to Mechanical Change management
Project Scope Management
- Takes ownership on Civil / Mechanical Turnover Packages (CTO) definition.
- Takes ownership on Turnover Packages (TOP) definition.
Project Time Management
- Take Ownership on elaboration and necessary revising of the Construction Site Time Schedule (STS) based on design construction sequence.
- Take Ownership on follow-up and revising of the Mechanical Specialized Structure Schedule per contract.
- Manage on site progress monitoring and assessment of time to complete up to CTO / Commissioning of the package .
Project Cost Management
- Give Support to Root Cause analysis of all no budgeted costs to Project Manager .
Project Quality Management
- Take Ownership on civil / Mechanical quality control inspection process (CTO,TOP…).
- Take Ownership on checking of compliance of construction with scope and quality requirements.
- Take Ownership on technical execution expertise for a specific subject ( Mechanical Erection through Method Statements + Risk Assessment , Manpower Management at site , steel structure Erection , Piping , Punch Points / finishing works, specialized Equipment Erections like Absorbers , Pumps , Fans etc., ).
- Take Ownership on punch list up to the PAC.
Project HR Management
- Give Support to personnel planning.
- Take Ownership on setting and reviewing tasks & objectives for his subordinates.
Project Communication Management
- Give Support to definition of the mechanical Communication plan (information flow and document distribution).
- Give Support to establishing the Project Progress Reporting.
- Give Support to Design Progress Reporting.
- Take Ownership on establishing the Execution Progress Reporting.
- Give Support to Project Meetings (Kick Off, Team, Monthly etc…).
- Give Support to Design Meetings (Kick Off, Weekly, Monthly internal and external)
- Take Ownership on Execution Meetings (Kick Off, Weekly, Monthly internal and external)
- Site KPI ‘s
Project Risk Management
- Give Support to elaborating Risk Assessment and Rating
- Give Support to Risk Mitigation Plan and follow-up of the same.
Project Procurement Management
- Give Support to preparation of technical conditions of subcontracts for all extra works.
- Give Support to evaluation, negotiation and award recommendation of civil / Mechanical subcontracts.
Key Performance Indicators
- Objectives, targets and performance measurements are defined on yearly employee’s appraisal and Project Targets are set by the Head of Project Management / Operation.
- Erection program for scope of systems and equipment program and TOP reliability of related Project.
- Quality of all erection / construction works of related Project.
- EHS requirements within Civil / Mechanical for the scope of Works related to Project / contract .
- Customer satisfaction.
Specific Functional/Technical authority (besides DoA)
- Apply organizational structure of superintendents and supervisors team.
- Manage all erection engineers and supervisors.
- Represent Mechanical Construction with ownership related to EHS, quality, technical and time.
- Contribution, take ownership and support related projects to comply with cost, time, quality, EHS and Customer satisfaction targets.
- Undertake any other duty and responsibility as may be required by the Line Manager
- Promote and champion “We Put Quality First”, EHS “All together”, “Zero Deviation Plan” d2e and any other plans implemented by GE Power .
- Promote the interests and image of the company at all times
- Behave according to GE Code of Ethics and Values.
- Willing to work anywhere in multicultural team.
Education & TrainingsMandatory (MUST)
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering or Construction management appropriate to the technical activity involved with 10 years’ experience.
- Mechanical Diploma or equivalent in Engineering or Construction management with construction experience in the field .
Desirable (NICE TO HAVE)
- Previous experience as CM – EPC or subcontractor Company – in Power Plant Business or Cement or steel or civil / Mechanical construction companies.
- Problem solving methodology like 8D or equivalent.
Professional ExperienceMandatory (MUST)
- Strong in the management of Site erection team.
- Has to show excellent capabilities in the explanation of complex technical and working processes.
- Strong intercultural skills and abilities for managing of worldwide processes, procedures and leading with local management.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes