Private Jobs in Tamilnadu- Procurement Engineer- VA TECH WABAG LTD
The ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting the Group Procurement Team Team In order to be successful, this candidate should feel comfortable taking on many tasks that require various skills, and appropriately prioritizing those tasks ‘completion.
- Implementing key procurement plans for direct & indirect materials and ensuring that plans are aligned with project requirements.
- Receive Indents (Technical Specifications) from project management.
- Float enquiry to suppliers with respect to the approved vendor list of any project.
- Obtain offer from all the suppliers and get it technically approved from design department.
- Negotiating and finalizing the order within/or less than the set budget considering both technical and commercial implications.
- Placing purchase orders / Receipt of order acknowledgement from the vendor.
- Following up for drawings data sheet / QAP and getting approval from consultant (if involved) / design team in reasonable time.
- Submission of BG to Finance along with Advance payment advice.
- Progress report from suppliers, Information from Project Execution, inspection Dept.
- Coordinating with supplier, quality department and Project Managers / Department for getting inspection done to enable smooth delivery in right time.
- Co‐ordinating with Logistics dept. and ensuring the safe receipt of material at site.
- Preparing payment advice and ensuring the payments releasing to the vendors on time.
Key Responsibilities on Project Procurement:
- Gathering technical specifications & requirements of client, system design, identifying and sourcing of materials from right vendors.
- Analysing & reviewing the latest market developments and prepare procurement plan and monitor the activities.
- Undertake historical analysis of price movements and develop calculators to estimate future price movement, thereby finalizing orders at optimal price by way of effective negotiation through long‐term rate contracts.
- Developing new promising vendors on both manufacturing and vendor design equipment’s and keep the strong and sustained vendor base.
- Identifying and sourcing the critical equipment’s from the Global vendors and developing equivalent domestic vendors alternate to the Import materials to gain the competitive edge. Having good experience in handling of Import Purchase and Global vendors.
- Quality assurance at every stage of procurement and ensure supply of right quality materials
Location : Chennai – HQ
Education : BE/B. Tech
Experience : 7-12 Yrs