State Government Jobs- West Bengal, National Institute of Smart Government invite application for the post of CONSULTANT-TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT(AI/ML/BLOCKCHAIN)-SEMT, WEST BENGAL. Apply before 25 June 2021.
Roles and Responsibilities
The objective of this job is to assist the State Government on technological issues related to core infrastructure, MMPs and other e – governance projects
Design & Architecture
- In coordination with the Technology Department at NeGD, assist the State Government in defining the standards for application architecture, database design, development and infrastructure deployment
- Assist the State departments in technology selection, hand holding department staff from requirements to implementation.
- Study the status of IT Infrastructure of State and assist the State Government in coming up with a robust IT infrastructure to support the roll out of e – governance projects
- Analyze the existing/ proposed projects in regard to strategic control, cyber-security, disaster recovery and business continuity
- Ensure that individual project level initiatives are interoperable, standardized, scalable and secure across various areas of software, hardware and infrastructure
- Partner with the PeMTs and help them in adhering to technical standards / architecture/ product and strategic control, specifications for the e – governance projects
- Ensure utilization of the common infrastructure being setup under NeGP for projects implementation at State level
- Work in emerging technologies / areas like AI, Blockchain, IoT, Big Data, Data Analytics, Augmented and Virtual reality etc. for the State projects and to build capability in the State / UT in these areas
- Support the implementation of various MMPs and NeGP components in the State and provide inputs to NeGD
- Support the progress of the NeGP & State Initiatives in the State and highlight any issues/ slippages to higher authorities
- Identify the critical success factors for implementation of e-Governance projects in the State.
- Develop and establish suitable program monitoring framework for the State under guidance from NeGD
- Ensure that the different e–governance projects being developed are in alignment with the overall objectives of NeGP
- Assist in procurement of required material / services for various e- Governance projects
- Assist in preparing frameworks and templates by using standardized tools
- Assist the State Government in identifying new e-Governance projects
- Provide assistance and expertise for e-Governance related training
Conduct technical appraisal of the various project reports received from the State Departments and technical evaluation of various proposals received from bidders.
- Assist State / UT in technical evaluations of external agency proposals related to implementation of various e – governance initiatives
- Assist State / UT in price negotiations related to IT goods procurement
- Support in monitoring/ help establish suitable network/ IT infrastructure monitoring system at the State level
- Help develop the capability in the areas of preparation of scope of work, carrying cost-benefit analysis amongst various technological and policy options, preparing RFPs, selection of implementing agencies, managing and getting the best out of implementing agencies and technical support so as to optimize the benefits.
- All interdependencies, overlaps, conflicts, standards, overarching architecture, interoperability, security, legal aspects etc. across projects as well as core and support infrastructure shared across several projects would fall under the purview of this team. The team will work under the State IT department but will provide support to all the Departments in the implementation of IT projects in the State / UT related to various projects under Digital India.
- Ensure that the requirements of State departments in matters like preparation of EoI / RFP/ Contracts / PPP and other related matters are suitably addressed.
- Formulate program management strategies in consultation with the State IT Department/IT Society/external consultants.
- Support the State Government in the roll out of awareness and communication efforts as part of the NeGP
- In addition to above Primary Responsibilities the incumbent may be assigned any other task from time to time by State IT Secretary/ Head of Nodal Agency/Head SeMT
Education: B.E / B. Tech / MCA
- 4 plus years of experience in IT Projects, software development, security management in IT projects
- Preferred Industry certifications like PMP, PMI, Prince 2 etc. are desirable
- 2 years experience of managing a complete life cycle of large scale IT / eGovernance projects
Last date to apply- 25th June 2021
* Salary would depend on candidate’s current compensation.
Role:Outside Technical Consultant
Salary: 6,00,000 – 12,00,000 PA.
To apply for this job please visit www.meity.gov.in.