Private Jobs in West Bengal- Assistant Global Controller- Safeguard Global
At Safeguard Global, our vision is to forever transform the way people work around the world. We are a leading HR and Payroll outsourcing company on a mission to equip our clients to adapt to an ever-shifting global market. With over 1300 clients and across 25 global offices, we enable organizations to hire, onboard and pay employees in more than 180 countries. Whether it is helping companies become multi-national powerhouses or taking care of payroll for organizations as they expand, Safeguard Global is here to help.
As a member of our team, you will engage with various people, organizations, and responsibilities to help see our company expand around the world. Managing teams, compliance management, developing and implementing programs, and working closely with internal and external parties are some of the ways that you can make an impact at Safeguard Global and globally. Our team is committed to promoting a high-quality work environment with countless opportunities for growth.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven individual to join our Finance team to support the growth as the Assistant Global Controller.
This individual should be highly motivated to learn and grow within the organization and show a proven track record to thrive in a fast-paced environment. The Assistant Global Controller is part of our worldwide accounting team. This role is responsible for managing our global consolidation, implementing financial strategies, and driving scalable, best practices into the accounting organization.
Role in a Nutshell – The Assistant Global Controller plays a key role in our growth by continuously improving our ability to provide timely and accurate financial data to the organization to enable decisions that support achieving our plans.
How you will make a difference:
- Manage the month-end close process ensuring effective and timely reporting according to the close calendar. Reviewing staff journal entries, account reconciliations and establishing and maintaining controls to ensure accurate reporting
- Oversee the preparation of monthly consolidated global financial statements
- Manage the coordination and review of global intercompany eliminations, expense allocations and other consolidation activities
- Assists with the completion of world-wide financial and statutory audits and reviews to ensure timely completion in collaboration with external accounting firms
- Manage the general ledger including updates, system access, chart of accounts, and period closes
- Manage the implementation of any new accounting systems or tools, taking an end-to-end approach with automated solutions
- Identify areas and lead efforts to improve business processes and internal controls related to financial transactions across the organization.
- Works closely with the Global Controller to evaluate, maintain and continuously improve the finance teams internal controls and policies
What will give you an advantage:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in accounting
- Chartered accountant or equivalent with a total of 10+ years of experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Build strong relationships with a broad set of stakeholders that have diverse interests
- Strong communications skills in both written and oral
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Experience managing international team members preferred
- Strong working knowledge of accounting and financial systems/ processes, and controls
Why become a Guardian:
International Environment: Our teams are borderless. Interact, collaborate, discover cultures, and expand your personal network beyond your country.
🧑🤝🧑 Our Culture: We are nurturing a workplace where everything you do is in harmony with who you are. Where your ideas will always find their way to our leaders, and your contribution recognized.
Autonomy & Flexibility (Work in Any Way): As a fellow Guardian, you will decide when, how and where you work best. We value results, not working hours.
Learning: Even though perfection is impossible to reach, we support everyone striving towards it by providing you access to 2 learning platforms. Learn at your own pace, as much as and whatever you need.
✨Valuable Experience: Wherever you go, challenges will await you. At Safeguard Global you will find the “right” challenges to hone you into the ultimate professional.
Who we are and what we do:
Safeguard Global is an international company with multiple offices across the globe. We call ourselves Guardians, and there are over 1600 of us in 25 countries.
As a Work in Any Way company ─ which means we let you decide where and how you work ─ we enable over a thousand organizations to hire, onboard, manage and pay employees in over 165
countries. It’s all about the people. First, we hire the best talent from across the globe, thus allowing you to learn about new cultures and interact with many different people worldwide.
We also invest in efficient tools and balance a combination of agile technologies, in-depth local market expertise, and excellent service. For more information about our solutions, visit: www.safeguardglobal.com
To apply, please click on the following link. We wish you all the best with your application. Should your application meet the requirements of the position we will be in touch.
At Safeguard Global, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and Guardians.