Private Jobs in Tamilnadu- Category Manager- Urban Company
We are currently looking to hire a strong candidate to join our Painting team who will work with various internal teams (across geographies) to co-create solutions with them to strengthen Urban Company.
About Urban Company:
Home services is a large, unorganized industry in India. Indian consumers spend ~ USD 30 Billion annually on home services. They largely rely on word of mouth and friends-family recommendations for search and discovery. There is no large, well run, billion-dollar Company in this category today. The industry lacks scale benefits – standardization, transparency and trust.
In the absence of organized players, the current market architecture is froth with middle-men and aggregators, who control market access and keep a lion’s share of the margins. As a result, experiences are broken for both customers and end service professionals. The industry could easily be 1.5-2x larger than it is today, if frictions in transaction journeys are removed – and experiences made more meaningful and memorable.
What are you expected to do?
1) End-to-end ownership of Cleaning category in your city (The buck stops at you for this category).
2) Get Urban Company to dominate your category in the cities present.
3) Understand the category in-depth, and how customers hire for services.
4) Institutionalize service delivery norms and processes for the category.
5) Impart necessary training to on-boarded service professionals on these norms and how to operate with Urban Company.
6) Represent Urban Company in city-wide events and conferences.
7) Work with the product team to create a great user experience for that category (Later Stage).
8) Work with the marketing team to generate customer requests in that category (Later Stage).
What are we looking for?
– 1-3 years of work experience in startups, consulting, marketing or operations roles.
– Strong analytical skills and a data-driven decision-making mentality.
– Strong oral and written communication skills.
– Hustle and get things done attitude.
– Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
– Proficiency in SQL is a must.
-Should be 2018 and above graduate from tier 1/2 Engineering colleges.
Base location will be Chennai
While this role involves an element of strategizing, we expect candidates to have an ear to the ground, get their hands dirty, and solve real problems.
If deep problem solving at scale, and a fast-paced work environment excites you, we would love to meet you and talk more!