Private Jobs in Tamilnadu- Account Servicing Analyst- Barclays
Job Title: Account Servicing Analyst
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
To process CDD for new clients and on-going KYC review for existing legal entities, branches and ensure that review is completed on a timely basis. To conduct checks and due diligence on these accounts primarily looking out for adverse news/information that may be detrimental to the reputation of the bank in particular, any evidence of financial criminal activities. Responsible for identifying accounts that have been raised incorrectly or not in accordance with the relevant KYC Policies and Guidelines. Such accounts should be reviewed and rectified accordingly.
What will you be doing?
- Process transactions in accordance to approved process and procedures, international regulations and within pre-agreed service levels and with speed and accuracy
- Adhere to quality control discipline, procedures and checks at all times
- Day to day query resolution, with upward escalation of more complex queries to the management team
- Report issues and concerns as soon as possible to senior/ team leaders/ managers etc. in time and with complete information, in which effort is made to prevent or limit possible damage
- Assist team manager in administration of the section, including organizing workflow, queue management & query resolution
- May be involved in the retrieval and distribution of information, either on paper or any other electronic medium
- Responsible for driving own performance management, collating relevant documentation, preparing for and arranging self-performance reviews
What We’re Looking For
- Should have completed any bachelor’s degree in regular course.
- 2- 3 years of relevant or Banking Experience
- Should be flexible for any shifts
- Excellent attention to detail and look to improve processes where relevant.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- The Analyst should be able to identify key issues and suspicions which relate to money laundering or terrorism financing during the course of the KYC and investigate/escalate them appropriately.
- The Analyst should also ensure that the KYC checks adhere to the relevant regulations, guidelines and processes that are in place to ensure Compliance.
- Should have worked on all Risk types and individually able to classify a risk of both individual and entities.
- Analyse Client data, documentation and negative news in order to determine Client Risk Profile as established under the Global KYC Procedures
- Maintain strong skills in Microsoft applications software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc).
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone’s contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.