Private Jobs in Maharashtra- Associate Director of Events- Marriott Hotels
CANDIDATE PROFILE Education And Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Assisting in Managing Event Management Operations and Budgets
- Researches and analyzes new products, pricing and services of competition.
- Reviews scheduled events and troubleshoots potential challenges/conflicts.
- Ensures the property is apprised of all groups that will impact property operations.
- Works with culinary team to ensure compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Assists with the oversight of Event Operations including Banquets, Event Services and Event Technology.
- Assists with the oversight of event planning team (BEO/Resume writers).
- Ensures meeting space and corresponding heart of the house areas are cleaned and maintained.
- Ensures furniture and equipment is maintained and inventory levels are kept in accordance to corporate guidelines.
- Assists in the execution of brand service initiatives in event management areas.
- Introduces ideas to leadership team to enable property to remain competitive.
- Encourages calculated risk-taking to generate incremental revenue and deliver excellent guest service.
- Develops working relationships with outside vendors and establishes prices and service agreements to enhance the event experience and to increase additional revenue opportunities for the property.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Creates an atmosphere in all event management operations areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
- Consult with customers in order to determine objectives and requirements for events such as meetings, conferences, and conventions.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.