Private Jobs in Maharashtra- Analyst GBS- Bank of America
Bank of America
Bank of America is one of the world’s leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
We are a part of the Global Business Services which delivers technology and operations capabilities to Bank of America lines of business (LOB) and enterprise functions.
Our employees help our customers and clients at every stage of their financial lives, helping them connect to what matters most. This purpose defines and unites us. Every day, we are focused on delivering value, convenience, expertise and innovation for individuals, businesses and institutional investors we serve worldwide.
BA Continuum is a nonbank subsidiary of Bank of America, part of Global Business Services in the bank.
The role will be supporting the Reporting and Analytics requirements of the Global Banking & Markets (GBAM) Business Management Team (also referred to as the COO group) across global locations. Within BA Continuum, this group is a part of the larger COO support function that works with other lines of business within the GBAM COO organization such as FICC, Equities, Investment Banking, and Corporate Banking, etc.
The prospective candidates will be part of the Strategy & Client Analytics team. Reporting and Analytics. Being a techno-functional role, the job requires good understanding of various capital market concepts as well as ability to leverage various technical tools. The candidate should possess a basic understanding of the Sales and Trading business and must be comfortable with tools such as Excel, VBA, MS Access and basic concepts of relational databases, as well as visualization/business intelligence and ETL tools. The candidate should have an inherent liking for data and should possess the ability to manage and manipulate large data sets. The candidate must be able to clearly articulate thoughts and communicate effectively with onshore groups, including people from the Front Office, Middle Office and Technology functions.
- Work with the team supporting various Line Of Businesses (LOBs) to publish scheduled management reports
- Analyze and decide methodology for new requests and deliver in a timely manner
- Understand and deliver ad-hoc requests and deliver in a timely manner
- Collaborate and develop processes to integrate various databases to develop new analytics/ Business Intelligence solutions
- Monitor and maintain high level of data integrity of reports developed and generated
- Identify and implement process improvement initiatives
- Education* Engineering followed by a MBA degree with from reputed institutes. Additional qualifications such as CFA/FRM degrees will be beneficial.
- Experience Range* Candidates with 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Foundational skills*
- Good understanding of various Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server and development of visualization solutions
- Ability to independently host calls and lead discussions with senior executives and stakeholders to arrive at business solutions
- Excellent communication skills and flexibility in work hours to coordinate with various stakeholders across the globe
- Expertise in MS Office products such as Excel, Access, VBA, SQL
- Understanding of data transformation tools such as Alteryx
- Desired Skills
- Candidates with good financial knowledge
- Work in high pressure environment and with attention to detail
9.30 AM to 6:30 PM/ 11:30 AM to 8:30 PM (Flexibility to work in shifts for APAC, EMEA or AMRS is a prerequisite)
The team currently does not work on weekends. The prospective candidates should however be flexible to work on the weekends to meet the pressing requirements from the Business.