Private Jobs in Goa- Planner- CommScope
In our ‘always on’ world, we believe it’s essential to have a genuine connection with the work you do.
Position Title: Planner
Job Location: Goa
General Summary: Activities that ensure the correct and smooth movement of the material from suppliers to production floor and supporting manufacturing process to complete costumers’ orders more efficiently. Primary goal will be balancing the competing objectives to maximize customer service, minimize supply chain costs and better Inventory Controls.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Using corporate ERP system (SAP), create material inventory/purchasing plans, capacity plans, based on customer forecasts, current sales, seasonal trends and information received from sales in order to reduce response time to Customer demands and increase market share.
- Maintain this forecast in response to the following situations:
- availability and lead-time of components
- market forces
- increased/reduced demand
- global corporate inventory policy
- weekly exception report
- Work with Local and Global procurement teams to resolve any supply issues resulting in delay to serve customer.
- Direct the control processes including measurement of key performance indicators and recommended actions over the supply chain, planning procedures, manufacturing and distribution. These include metrics for customer service, supply chain costs, and working capital.
- Identifies changes in capacity or material availability to sales. Elevates issues to management which negatively impacts the MPS, and hence availability to customer
- Responsible for applying best material availability dates to Sales Orders and Quotations by analyzing the Bill of Material and Plant Capacity.
- Use inventory management tools to improve turns and reduce non-moving inventory. Expect analytical skills to monitor and escalate planning issues.
- Expedite supplier materials to meet master schedule needs, Liaising with Shipping Agents regarding imports of Air and Ocean Freight, providing VAT Deferment Authorization, delivery schedules and requests.
- Liaise with counterparts at other locations to reduce response time to customers who require high value/low usage components within a short lead time
- Manages work orders from Master Production Schedule to various productions to ensure product availability in line with customer orders.
- Collaborate with other functional areas to improve planning processes, including Manufacturing, Customer Care, Engineering, Logistics, Purchasing, and Product Line Management.
- Also responsible for investigating any discrepancies, utilizing ERP systems, around accuracy of inventory (raw, WIP, finished goods), shipments, returns, and invoices
- Responsible for investigating possible alternative uses of excess and slow-moving stock in order to reduce and eliminate this specific area of inventory and optimize usage of material.
- Qualification: Diploma/Bachelor’s in related curriculum such as Engineering
- 8 -10 years of work experience in the field of Production planning, Supply Planning, Inventory Management.
- Worked in a team management role for minimum 3 years leading a team of 4 -5 people.
- Successfully driven Inventory analysis, process improvements; six sigma certification an added advantage.
- Hands on experience in SAP must.
- Proficient in the use of MS office tools, particularly Excel and power point
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to resolve complex issues
- Abilities – Can demonstrate experience and skills in understanding and interacting with sales-team, suppliers, and production teams.
- Accurate, decisive, data-driven, multi-tasker, who delivers to personal commitments in a complex tight-schedule environment
- Strong IT skills with a zeal to learn new operating / reporting processes.
- Must have very good communication skills in English language
- Strong PC skills required (MS Office) required