Private Jobs in Goa- Head Of Operations, Special Needs Centre- The Owl House Goa
The Owl House Goa
At The Owl House, Goa we work with differently abled young adults towards creating work and income opportunities in collaboration with our local community.
Our current endeavor is to set up a physical and online storefront for our students to be able to sell the various merchandise they make, that range from handicraft items to edibles like baked goods, bottled preserves and herbed oils. The space will also host a weekly pop-up lunch served by the students under the mentorship of local chefs.
We collaborate with mentors for a range of skilling opportunities and are always looking forward to creating new experiences for our students and tap into hidden potential in different ways. Our teaching staff work with mentors to break down processes into learning modules for our students.
We are looking for someone to lead Operations at The Owl House. This will involve active coordination with teaching staff, mentors, parents and the operations staff. The role is multi-faceted and involves 3 broad areas –
Scheduling and optimizing student connect opportunities
- getting the most out of the available connect-hours to be able to see as many students as we can in a combination of individual and team sessions
- expanding the mentor network to bring in a wide range of skilling opportunities for students
- identifying internship and outplacement opportunities for students at the end of term
- Report on weekly metrics around sessions, staff and operational performance.
Store and inventory management
- Finding product/catalogue placement opportunities in other restaurants, stores etc.
- Managing inventory flow for offsite placements
- Managing online and whatsapp orders and coordinating with the teaching staff to ensure product delivery
Pop-up event hosting
- Sales and Hosting of events once a week
- Offsite pop-up restaurant opportunities to demonstrate learnt skills
- Building local chef alliances to build on the food mentor programme
– Great coordination and communication skills
– Previous experience managing a team
– Process oriented & systems driven
– High empathy
– Good at math and some basic experience in inventory management
– Understanding of operational dashboards and reporting
– Great networking and relationship building skills
ABOUT THE ROLE:
5 days onsite (Aldona Goa) 1 day offsite (Optional / need based)
Offered CTC: 4.5 to 6 L PER ANNUM
A background in special education or education in general is not mandatory but would be additionally useful for the role.