Private Jobs in Andhra Pradesh- Branch Manager- Olam
Role- Branch Manager
Education and Experience:
Management Graduate from one of the premier institutes with 6-8 years of handling Procurement, Logistics & Operations in Agri Business Industry / Commodity industry. Developing and Managing an efficient distribution network as per distribution strategy.
- Managing Rice Operations of more than 5,00,000 MT volumes in a year.
- Handling complete purchase, logistics & execution of 5.00 lakh MT exports from Kakinada & Other southern ports
- Managing 3 toll processing units in AP & 1 in CG for converting semi-finished goods to Finished goods & extracting maximum efficiency out of it.
- Stakeholder management which involves CHA, Inspection agencies, Fumigators, Shipping line, port authorities & vessel agents
- Managing Rice Millers (more than 500), Brokers & FOB shippers for buying Rice
- Handling team of 12-15 people for managing Rice Operations including back-end Office operations
- Developing deep understanding of Product, grades & blends from Southern, Central & Eastern regions
- Optimizing Supply Chain efficiencies in the business by being the sharpest buyer in the Industry, managing operations at the highest level of efficiency & becoming the most reliable counterparty in the Trade.
- Good Communication and command on Local language (fluency in Telugu language is added advantage)
Rationale for the position:
Olam is the leading Rice exporter in the country & Kakinada Handles more than 60% of the Olam Rice Business volumes.
This position has not only to manage the existing operations but scale up the business over the next couple of years to generate the maximum efficiency in the Trade.
Responsibility of the position:
- Buying / procurement
- Managing Operations / Efficiency Generation
- Stakeholder management
- Team Management
- Managing Toll Processing Operations