Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: March 5, 2023
- Madhya Pradesh is set to launch Ladli Bahna scheme to provide Rs 1000 per month to every woman.
- Indian Railways will launch Bharat Gaurav Train to North East on March 21, to cover Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Tripura and Meghalaya in 15 days.
- Government approves nano liquid DAP (Di-Ammonium Phosphate) fertiliser for benefits of farmers.
- First edition of Naval Commanders’ Conference of 2023 to begin onboard India’s first indigenous aircraft carrier, INS Vikrant.
- ICMR: Rising cases of cough and fever linked to influenza subtype A H3N2.
- Assam’s pyramid-like structures known as moidams have met all the technical requirements of UNESCO’s World Heritage Centre.
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- Hyderabad hosts meeting on theme of Knowledge and experience exchange Program for emerging economies of global south.
- Uttar Pradesh exempts Electric Vehicles buyers in state from tax and registration fees.
- Foxconn says it was seeking cooperation in India in new areas like chips and electric vehicles (EVs)
- St. Anthony’s feast was held at Katchchatheevu island in Sri Lanka.
- European Union is setting up a humanitarian air bridge to deliver aid to conflict-hit Democratic Republic of Congo.
- US Justice Dept warns of penalties for firms that violate messaging policies
- Karnataka beats Meghalaya 3-2 to clinch Santosh Trophy National Football Championship after 54 years.
- Daniil Medvedev won his 18th Tour-level title, and third in a row, by beating Andrey Rublev at the Dubai Championships.