Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: March 4, 2023
- Supreme Court ruled that high-power committee consisting of Prime Minister, Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha, and Chief Justice of India must pick Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) and Election Commissioners (ECs).
- India scores 74.4 in World Bank index on the life cycle of a working woman
- Conrad K.Sangma to form govt. in Meghalaya; Neiphiu Rio will lead Nagaland
- Reliance Industries to invest in 10 GW solar energy capacity in Andhra Pradesh
- Apple partners with environmental NGO Frank Water to support improved water, sanitation, and hygiene in India.
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) is developing a research policy and governance cell.
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- RBI slaps Amazon Pay (India) with ₹3.06 crore penalty for violation of norms
- India’s service activity expanded at its fastest pace in 12 years in February: PMI Data.
- iPhone Maker Foxconn to Invest Up To USD 1 Bn in Karnataka.
- South Korea and the US to hold the ‘Freedom Shield’ and ‘Warrior Shield’ joint exercises, the largest in 5 years.
- Belarus jails Nobel-winning rights activist Ales Bialiatski for 10 years.
- Quad Foreign Ministers issues statement referring to Ukraine conflict and the situation in the South and East China Seas.
- Bola Ahmed Tinubu wins the Presidential elections in Nigeria
- First-ever Women’s Premier League to begin in Navi Mumbai
- Youth Affairs & Sports Minister Anurag Thakur to launch Yuva Utsava – India@2047
- Hockey India appoints South African Craig Fulton as new Chief Coach of Indian men’s hockey team
- Tennis: Daniil Medvedev stormed into the final of Dubai Open defeating Novak Djokovic.