Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: March 2, 2023
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi to inaugurate Raisina Dialogue, India’s flagship conference on geopolitics and geo-strategy.
- Cabinet approved procurement of 70 HTT-40 basic trainer aircraft from Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) for the Indian Air Force.
- Supreme Court sets up panel to protect investor interest following large investor losses caused by Hindenburg report.
- Tamil Nadu signs MoU with UNEP for implementing urban cooling programme in the State
- Home Ministry suspends FCRA licence of the think tank- Centre for Policy Research.
- Indian govt plans to procure 34.1 million tonne wheat from farmers this year.
- NSO Data: India’s GDP comes down to 4.4% in the 3rd quarter of the current fiscal year, 2% down since the July-September quarter.
- RBI asks banks for weekly updates on Adani loans; reviews local bank loans to Adani firms.
- Moody’s raises India’s GDP growth projection for 2023 to 5.5%.
- SEBI penalises MCX for allowing Sikkim-based trades.
- Elon musk climbs to the top of the list of World’s richest, with a net worth of $187 billion dollars.
- U.S. Department of Energy claims that the Covid-19 pandemic was caused by a lab leak in China.
- POTS or postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome has affected around one million Americans after pandemic.
- Cricket: Ashwin surpasses Kapil Dev, becomes India’s third-highest wicket-taker
- Just Fontaine, the French football legend who scored a record 13 goals at the 1958 World Cup, passed away.