Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: February 8, 2023.
- Government will open Integrative Medicine Centres in all government hospitals across the country.
- The first Tourism Working Group Meeting to officially be inaugurated at Dhordo in Gujarat
- Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission achieves 20 crore milestone of digitally linked health records.
- India signs MoU with Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle Joint Business Council to promote adoption of energy efficiency
- Delhi High Court: Virginity test on woman accused sexist, unconstitutional.
- 108 Buddhist pilgrims from South Korea to walk for 1167 km on a 43-day pilgrimage.
- Sovereign Green Bonds amounting Rs 16,000 crore will be issued in current FY for green infrastructure
- Centre: India ranks first, contributes 24 percent of global milk production
- The Centre will consider reviewing the 28% Goods and Services Tax levied on cement: Finance Ministry.
- There is no proposal to exempt foreign tourists shopping in the country from the Goods and Services Tax (GST): Union Ministry for Tourism and Culture.
- U.K. Prime Minister Rishi Sunak announced a reshuffle of his Cabinet; creates new government departments.
- Death toll in massive earthquakes in Turkiye, Syria has soared to nearly 8,000.
- WHO: Turkey, Syria quake could affect up to 23 million people.
- Myanmar and Russia sign pact on developing nuclear power
- International Hockey Federation, FIH announces the qualification criteria for the Paris 2024 Olympic hockey tournaments.
- 5th Khelo India Youth Games: Maharashtra ranks first in medal table; Madhya Pradesh and Haryana follow.