Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: February 24, 2023
- CAG Girish Chandra Murmu selected as External Auditor of International Labour Organization (ILO) in Geneva.
- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) specifies comprehensive group standard for millets from September.
- Chairman of EAC-PM Dr Bibek Debroy releases Foundational Literacy and Numeracy report
- President Droupadi Murmu presents Sangeet Natak Akademi Fellowships & Akademi Awards in New Delhi.
- Uttarakhand signs MoU to build ropeway to Yamunotri temple.
- Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya releases working paper by Stanford University and Institute for Competitiveness.
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- GST revenues hit ₹1.59 lakh crore in January 2023, the second highest monthly collections on record.
- Gujarat government presents ₹3.01 lakh crore budget. No new taxes proposed.
- NSE gets final nod from SEBI for social stock exchange.
- UNGA passes resolution calling for immediate end to hostilities between Ukraine and Russia
- US President Joe Biden nominated Mr. Ajay Banga to lead the World Bank.
- After Saudi Arabia, Omanis set to allow Israeli planes through its airspace.
- Three-day All-India Taekwondo Championship has been recently inaugurated in New Delhi.
- Joe Biden nominates former Mastercard CEO Ajay Banga to become President of World Bank.
- T-20 Women’s World Cup: Australia reaches final beating India by 5 runs in semi-final.