Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: February 21, 2023
- India aims to cut emission intensity of GDP by 20-25: Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change.
- BEML signs MoU with Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) led SPV for constructing the Bahrain Metro Rail Project Phase-1.
- Government appoints retired civil servant B.V.R. Subrahmanyam as the new chief executive of NITI Aayog.
- INS Sumedha visits Abu Dhabi to participate in IDEX and NAVDEX 2023.
- International ‘Khajuraho Dance Festival-2023 begins in Madhya Pradesh.
- Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities celebrated World Social Justice Day
- Union Agriculture Minister chairs the National Conference on Agriculture for Zaid Campaign-2023.
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- Tata Motors signs MoU with Uber to supply 25,000 XPRES–T Electric Vehicles.
- T-Hub and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) joined hands to support start-ups in the aerospace and defence composite markets.
- Income tax department releases a calculator to help compare savings under the new income tax regime.
- ‘All Quiet on the Western Front’ wins 7 prizes including best film at UK’s BAFTAs (British Academy Film Awards).
- India to host Permanent Mission Roundtables at UN Head Quarter as Chair of G- 20.
- U.S. President Joe Biden made a trip to Kyiv, promising USD 500 million in fresh arms deliveries and support.
- Union Minister of Food Processing Industry inaugurates India Pavillion at Dubai.
- India enters semifinals of Women’s T20 World Cup beating Ireland.
- Meghalaya made history by entering the semifinal of the Santosh Trophy National Football Championship.