Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: February 20, 2023
- HAL plans for medium-lift choppers to replace ageing Mi-17s.
- 12 cheetahs arrived and were released into quarantine enclosures at the Kuno National Park (KNP), Madhya Pradesh.
- India Meteorological Department issued season’s first heatwave warning in the Konkan and Kutch areas of Gujarat.
- ISRO says that the ‘Chandrayaan-3’ lander has successfully underwent the key test on functioning of satellite in space
- In a boost to India’s lunar mission, Chandrayaan-3 has Tata Sons owned Air India and Vistara start Integration Process
- Madhya Pradesh Cabinet brings new liquor policy, orders closure all bars.
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) to launch India’s first virtual shopping, recharge app for metro.
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- PFRDA introduces T+2 settlement for partial withdrawal for NPS subscribers; from the earlier T+4 settlement.
- Indian economy to Grow at 6%: Former Niti Aayog Vice Chairman Rajiv Kumar.
- Finance ministers and central bank chiefs of G-20 nations will meet for first time under India’s presidency in Bengaluru.
- India’s Russian oil imports surge to a record 1.4 million barrels per day in January.
- US plans new Russia export controls and sanctions on key industries.
- India-Uzbekistan biennial military training Exercise DUSTLIK 2023 begins in Uttarakhand.
- Nepal celebrated Democracy Day on February 19.
- North Korea confirms test of Hwasong-15 intercontinental ballistic missile
- India retains Border Gavaskar Trophy, defeating Australia by 6 wickets in 2nd Test.
- Saurashtra lifts Ranji Trophy title after defeating Bengal by 9 wickets.