Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: February 04, 2023
- Broadband definition of minimum download speed raised to 2 Mbps.
- Assam begins action on child marriage; police have so far arrested over 1,800 people from across the state.
- MV Ganga Vihar floating restaurant inaugurated in Bihar; operated by the Bihar State Tourism Development Corporation (BSTDC).
- Deoghar Mart, an online marketplace for local artisans, has been made operational in Jharkhand.
- Supreme Court issues notice to Centre; seeks report over appeal against ban on BBC documentary.
- 36th Surajkund International Crafts Mela was inaugurated by Vice-President Jagdeep Dhankhar in Faridabad.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi named as the world’s most popular leader with an approval rating of 78 per cent.
- ASI seeks possession of 1,200-year-old idols found in Nalanda.
- Centre agrees to convert Vi Interest on dues into Equity; to make government biggest shareholder with 33% stake.
- Adani Row: RBI says Banking sector is resilient and stable.
- FAME Scheme: Maharashtra tops list of states buying Electric Vehicles.
- World Cancer Day is marked on 4 February to raise awareness of cancer.
- WHO : 300 children lost lives due to India-made cough syrups.
- World food prices decline for 10th month as recorded in January- FAO Food Price Index (FFPI).
- Google invests nearly USD 400 million in ChatGPT rival Anthropic.
- US announces additional security assistance of USD 425 million for Ukraine.
- India rises to No. 3 in International Boxing Association (IBA) world boxing rankings.
- India beats Bhutan by 12-0 in opening match of South Asian Football Federation (SAFF) Under 20 Women’s Championship.